We need someone who is passionate about Back-end / Front-end /Full Stack development. You’ll be working with complex data models, performance oriented planning and design. Exposure to cloud services like Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Rackspace will be an additional benefit. We are not looking for cookie cutter PHP programmers, but engineers who have deep understanding of the language. Command line PHP execution knowledge is preferable.
You’ll work on PHP, MySQL, Mongodb, Apache, NGINX and will need to know your way around a Linux/Windows server box. You’ll even work on some Python, NoSQL, Message Queuing and other mind blowing -cutting edge technology. As we always do every week, You’ll bring new ideas to the table, champion new processes and technologies, learn new stuff and most importantly – and have a great time doing it.
- Use technology practices and tools that you are passionate about to build great ideas for our business.
- Learn about new technology and practices that will help grow your career and improve our client experience.
- Challenged with the task of building innovative solutions to large, complex issues with big government data.
- Build out new functionality within our successful products, improving existing features and smashing the occasional bug.
- Perform unit testing.
- Work exclusively on the LAMP/LEMP stack (PHP and a bit of Python), message queuing systems (RabbitMQ), large-scale MySQL/PostgreSQL databases and in-house RESTful APIs.
- Experience on the LAMP/LEMP stack with stellar PHP or python based skills.
- Experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL & MySQL.
- A demonstrated ability to wrap your mind around complex technological issues.
- A proven capability to get things done and a knack for multitasking.
- Experience with high-availability and data-rich applications.
- An eye for good code and coding practices. You stand for nothing less.
- A genuine motivation to stay on top of your technical skills by attending conferences, user groups and engaging the technology community.
- You add informative (and sometimes funny) comments in your code.
- LAMP stack, Icinga, MVC, OOP, JIRA, RabbitMQ, Python, XML, JSON, RESTful APIs, RedHat, Ubuntu, Scrum, Agile, svn, git, memcached, CakePHP, QA processes, EC2, S3, Amazon AWS, Rackspace.